- Moved to Kelowna April 2004
- Qualified Carpenter and Plumber
- Qualified Transport and Logistics Manager
- Member of the Institute of Logistics
- Qualified Home Inspector
Ron has worked in construction since 1977. He started his own construction company in the UK in 1983 concentrating on the booming New Build market. When the Building crash of 1990 hit the industry Ron diversified into transport, working for Rank Hovis he quickly became Transport Manager for the Southampton operation. Improving efficiency across the board.
In 1994 Ron returned to the building industry, this time on Renovation and Property Maintenance. He quickly established his company as a leader and innovator in this field. When he sold the company in early 2004 it had over 660 properties to maintain in the Portsmouth area.
Ron started UK Trades when he arrived in Canada to train his sons in the industry. As he worked the demand for his services grew. More workers were employed mainly European as this is the style and work ethic best suited to Ron’s ideals.
Today UK Trades remain the only Certified window installers in the Okanagan. Working on numerous Energy Efficient Renovations throughout the interior of BC. UK Trades also has worked on several Government projects for the RAPP program, B C Housing, Fortis, B C Hydro and others. UK trades also trains disadvantaged people in construction skills for The John Howard Society.
In 2013 Ron completed his Certifications to become a Licensed HIABC Home Inspector. He hopes that his experience and knowledge of construction will be a great benefit to his customers.
Of all the choices available for home inspection, First Choice Home Inspection is second to none when it comes to professionalism, detail, and customer service.
- Locally owned and operated — we are committed to the community and our neighbours
- No added fees for travel time and costs — we live here
- Fully qualified and licensed home inspector with local knowledge and experience
- Member of Home Inspectors Association BC. As such, we endorse their Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Fully insured with Liability as well as Errors and Omissions insurance only available to properly qualified and licensed individuals
- We provide a verbal summary and walk through with clients during the inspection with no nonsense explanations and a practical assessment of the home that keeps things in perspective.
- Horizon® state of the art web based reporting software provides:
- Full detailed report ready the next day
- Report provided by private Web Page exclusive to Client
- Colour photographs and illustrations that explain things in straightforward terms
- Embedded links to even more information via the Internet
- Report accessible indefinitely on the software supplier’s secure web servers
- Copies available from our local files as a backup
- Free follow up telephone consultation for as long as you own the home
First Choice Home Inspection is at the top of the list when it comes to quality home inspection services.
Fully licensed and qualified, using proven inspection techniques, and state of the art reporting software First Choice Home Inspection can inspect all the major systems and components of your home, and prepare a comprehensive report complete with colour photos and links to technical information, usually within 24 hours of the inspection.
Centrally located, we provide service to a wide area of the North/Central Okanagan and Shuswap regions including: Kelowna, Salmon Arm, Sorrento, Blind Bay, Tappen, Sicamous, Revelstoke, Enderby, Armstrong, and Vernon